Finding child care can be a difficult and confusing process that raises many questions. What is the difference between a child care center and a group child care home? How can I tell if the care will be quality? Are there standards or licensing in place to ensure basic requirements are met?
Fortunately, families in Illinois can rely on their local Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) Agency for help in finding child care and many services including:
- Consumer education, information and resource materials about quality child care options
- Referrals to child care programs
- Quality Counts Online Child Care Search
- Help with paying for child care costs for families who qualify
- Referral to services for children with special needs
Contact your local CCR&R today and call them to receive a child care referral list or visit their website to search for child care online. You can also learn more about your child care options and what to look for by using the Find Child Care menu above.