Training and technical assistance are available to all types of providers from local Child Care Resource & Referral Agencies (CCR&Rs). QRS Specialists housed at local CCR&Rs offer technical assistance and consultation regarding the Quality Rating System (QRS). QRS Specialists can answer general questions about the QRS application process. They are available to help guide you through the QRS process for your type of child care. For licensed programs, a Specialist can visit your program and help with program improvement planning. The QRS Specialist can provide guidance in understanding and using assessment tools and processes including the Environment Rating Scales and national accreditation.

Find your local QRS Specialist by first finding your local Child Care Resource & Referral Agency. Once you have searched for your local CCR&R a list of their contact information including your QRS Specialist will be given.

Assistance with the Program Administration Scale (PAS) for Centers and Business Administration Scale (BAS) for Family Child Care Homes is available through a PAS Independent Consultant or a BAS Independent Consultant. These consultants have received extensive training on the PAS/BAS and are available to provide technical assistance as an independent consultant to centers and family child care homes. Costs may apply for using these independent consultants.

Other supports available to providers include: Gateways to Opportunity Scholarship Program, Great START Wage Supplement Program and Gateways to Opportunity Professional Development Network.

Providers can apply for Professional Development and Program Improvement/Accreditation Funds. Quality Counts Grants for equipment and facility improvements are also available through a grant writing process. Please contact your local CCR&R for further information.